2/26/10

Look What I Made!


So there is this blog... it's listed under my crafty blogs as MADE. And it is done by a girl that used to live in my stake but has since moved away. Anyway, she is the reason, her and Lillie, that I got into sewing about a year and a half ago. She makes amazing things, especially clothing for her kids. I've copied more than a couple of the skirts and dresses that she's made. One time I ran into her at a stake event but I was too starstruck to go talk to her about sewing. You could say she was my first celebrity sighting, I was as giddy as a school girl... Now, back to her blog.
This past month she has focused her blogging on homemade things for boys. Perfect timing for me. I have been so afraid to try sewing pants, but I went out on a limb today and made these pants for Baby Boy to wear to church. They are a wool suiting material, pockets are lined with brown knit and is stitched with orange thread. Once Baby Boy comes, I'm gonna hem them to length. Anyway, I think I'm going to have to try this again!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Charee said...

My sisters make MY abilities look pathetic! :) Love the pants!

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

I LOVE MADE...i read her blog all the time. Those pants are awesome!! Go Carrie!!

Cassidy said...

Wow. Those are darling.

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

So cute. Nice job.

Shanell Farr said...

so impressed!

Charee said...

Hey, my grandpa has a pair of those! todd