9/6/08

WA Vacation

We are going to split up our vacationing into two blogs. The first part was spent in WA with my family and the second in MT with Eric's family.

I was really excited to be able to go see family, since it had been months since we'd seen them and because we had never seen Macey, my sister's baby. The evening after picking us up from the airport was spent at my grandma's house. She had put together a dinner for the family, which was so nice and so delicious. She is such a great lady.

Lillie and Katie hit it off the first time they saw each other. Lil thought she was the greatest thing. I wish that Katie could have come down to live with us to help entertain the lilster. It was nice having her help with a sick baby even though Katie got sick and missed her first day of school. Oops.

Then two days later Wendy and her kids came to stay at my mom's while her husband was out of town. It was fun to get to see her boys. Kaden is so smart and so big, I can't believe that he is already going into first grade. Brandt is so funny, I could listen to him talk for hours. I love that he stands up to Aunt Katie. Macey is such a pretty little pixie. It was fun to see her little bobble head go like Lil's used to.

Heath and his family also came up to visit. It was fun to talk to Amy, she is so mature and fun and I couldn't believe how advanced Haylee is. She's already cruising and crawling, she looks a lot older than Lillie even though they're only 3 weeks apart. I loved seeing them playing together.

Grady, Grady, Grady. He has gotten to be such a cute little guy. I loved seeing him jump and play with the older boys. He is darling.

One day we went to the local waterpark with the fam. Eric tried to surf a couple times. I beat Wendy on waterslide races. All the kids spent plenty time in the lazy river. It was a lot of fun and was one of only a couple days that were warm so it was nice to take advantage of it.

A couple days later we took the boat out to the lake where Eric got to spend sometime crashing, I mean, wakeboarding. The women spent their on the beach entertaining the babies. The grandkids tried tubing for a little while.

The next day Eric went and had eye surgery, you know, the normal thing to do when you're on vacation. He got the PRK procedure done and had a couple really rough days following. He's almost perfect, but his vision is still a little blurry and will continue to clear up...hopefully.

I had such a fun time being home. Even though Lillie got really sick and had diarrhea, fever, loss of appetite for a week and Eric was in terrible pain from his surgery, I still had a fun time. It's hard for me to not live close, I miss them all the time.

Katie, my littlest sister, who is such a great help with grandkids...when she wants to be.
Crashing the Gilbert family reunion...or at least we thought we were.
What cute little girls. This was the only photo where they were remotely looking in the same direction. They are gonna be trouble when they get older!
Brandtie boy. He is so cute without his teeth, and it's a good thing because it'll be a while before they come back in.
Macey, she is so cute and tiny. She always had the cutest outfits and headbands. I got lots of good ideas from her head wear.
I love this picture of Haylee. She has the most beautiful green/grey eyes. Too bad Eric's hairy leg is covering half her face.
Eric's attempt at surfing. This picture was taken the split second that he was actually able to stay on.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I wish we could have come to see you while you were here. I'm glad you had a good time though. You got some great pictures. Tell Eric to keep his hairy legs out of the pictures. I'll be looking forward to your Montana blog.

blogarama mamma said...

Hey, I can't believe you call her Lilster. We have been calling Lilli that since the day she was born, but had no idea it was a common nick name for Lilli!!

Wendy said...

I was dying laughing at your pictures. Katie's picture features half of my butt and Eric's rug of a hairy leg picture will always give me a good laugh. We're so glad you came to visit. We had a lot of fun.

Rolene and David said...

We were so sad we missed you up there! I'm glad you had fun, your pics are so cute!

Charee said...

Fun pictures and post! You guys need to come back soon. I know you're dying to go on another plane ride! Maybe if we can figure out a legal way to get Grady to sleep or sit still on the plane ride, we'll have to come down there!

Anonymous said...

nice bum mum, love to have katie watch me fuckthat then she gets her turn, i am keeping her knickers i love to sniff little girlcunt