I am not finished with either Lillie's or our room, so those pictures will have to wait. I just thought I'd show pictures since only our parents have seen our place and I think it's changed a lot since they were here 8 mos ago.
9/22/08
Decorating Dilemma...
So I am actually really happy with the way my apartment has turned out. We moved down to CA with only the stuff we could fit into our cars, so it has been a long process trying to make it a home. I've been working on it for the past year and there are still many projects that I need to do to feel like this place is complete. But right now the wall behind our TV is my biggest dislike of our place. It doesn't look good, too many focal points and the mats and frames are very traditional. The rest of our place is more transitional/contemporary. So I need a good solution. Any ideas?? Amanda?? Anyone??
Here is the offending wall. I was thinking of painting our last name in big letters across the wall in a light grey. It might seem like we're really obsessed with ourselves though. Eric doesn't like my idea.
Eric is studying. I needed to get proof of this. And to show the hideous TV dinner tray table he brought home one day. I hate it. But I do love our bookshelf because it blocks my view into Eric's office area, which is always messy. Sigh.
This is our accent wall. I like it, Eric hates it, but not enough for him to paint over it himself, so it stays for now.
The curtains are one of my most recent projects. They run floor to ceiling and when the vertical blinds are pulled back, they hide behind the curtains. I love them!
My most recent project. I decoupaged paper over the little mirrors. I think it turned out nice. Eric thinks it's weird to be able to look in the mirror while using the restroom...
I am not finished with either Lillie's or our room, so those pictures will have to wait. I just thought I'd show pictures since only our parents have seen our place and I think it's changed a lot since they were here 8 mos ago.
I am not finished with either Lillie's or our room, so those pictures will have to wait. I just thought I'd show pictures since only our parents have seen our place and I think it's changed a lot since they were here 8 mos ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think the place looks great! Apartments are hard because you can't do much to them, but it sounds like you are allowed to paint, so that is awesome. Cheapest way to change a room is paint. I love the striped wall totally reminds me of divine design or something. and I really like that book shelf you have to. I have always really loved those ones but I don't have anywhere to put one, if I got one. I think the name thing sounds good, and if people think you are full of yourselves,than oh well. Your family is cool!
wow, Carrie you really should have gone into interior design! Your new stuff looks great, and I wouldn't worry to much about Eric's opionion, considering his TV/desk purchase at a garage sale.
He needs to leave the decorating up to you.
Lillies bangs are cute! You only have two choices, survive the growing out stage, or attack them with the scissors. I was never patient enough for the growing out part with my girls, so they always ended up with bangs when they were little, even though I wanted them long.
I like the accent wall, it looks nice. I wish I could see it all in person.
i love the way the bathroom mirrors turned out! way cute!
Yay, I like house decorating stuff...I'm glad you posted these--I had no idea that you were doing so many things and since I've never been there, I had no idea what your place looks like. I really like your shelf, couch, decoupaging (sp?), and accent wall!
I wish I had one of those TV dinner trays. My life would be so much more complete if I had one. You guys are so lucky that you found that one. They are a hot commodity and difficult to come by...trust me...I've looked!
Post a Comment