9/4/08

Won't you be my neighbor? Please anyone else!

Bang, bang, BANG! Bang, bang, bang, BANG, bang, BANG, bang, bang, bang, bang, BANG! (for 5 mins) This is what I woke up to this morning, at 5:15. What might be causing all that ruckus, you might ask. It's the witch that lives upstairs. She hates us, no joke. She lives in the only apartment that is directly attached to us. How did we get so unlucky? No really. I'd really like to know.

She gets up at that time to get ready for work and I know she did it to wake us up. She has a reputation. She doesn't say Hi to anyone in the building, she has told off more than one of our neighbors, she's always fighting LOUDLY with her daughter, and she intentionally does things to make us mad. You're probably thinking that no one does anything unprovoked, and our only possible offense is that we have a baby.

It started back in April. We came home from our vacation to find a huge muddy mess covering our whole balcony. She pours water down onto our balcony intentionally or else she overwaters the jungle of plants on her balcony and lets it run down onto ours. So we've had huge muddy puddles on our balcony for months now. It went so far as letters from the building's owners asking her to stop, but she hasn't.

A little water is annoying, it keeps us from hanging out on our balcony, it has rusted our bbq, but it's not have big of a deal. SLEEP to me IS a big deal. I know it was intentional, we banged on the wall to tell her to stop, but it didn't, it got worse. If it had woken Lillie up, then all heck would have broken loose. It better not happen again tomorrow morning. I HATE apartment living!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That really stinks. Are they worse than your downstairs neighbor at Anna Maria? I hate noisy neighbors.

Mike and Lisa said...

You brought back a lot of unhappy memories with apartment living. I remember having to arrange with our upstairs neighbors showering times because both of us couldn't go at once. It sucks. Anyways, hang in there!

Stephanie said...

Nice try to you buddy...It doesn't say that anywhere in the rules! I'm waiting for yours!

Angie said...

Ugh. Sounds miserable. I know how valuable sleep is with a baby in the house. Maybe you should just kill her with kindness. Bring her a plate of cookies or a loaf of bread. She won't know what hit her. (Of course, she'll probably think you're trying to poison her). lol