So Eric and I are fat. Lil is getting old and I no longer have the excuse of "just having been pregnant" for the extra weight. So we finally signed up at the local Y. We have been members of exercise facilities before, but we have never felt so at home. Back at 24 hr fitness, everyone was in peak physical shape, except for us, although we were in a lot better shape than we are now. But at the Y, I don't feel like the fattest or the least in shape person... it's great.
I feel like there are people there just like me, who have lives outside of fitness regimes, but want to be in better shape than they currently are in. It's like we are all working together, in our ratty t-shirts and baggy shorts, to better our health and the health of our society. Ok super cheesy, I know. It's not quite like that, but I love running into people in our ward, the daycare closely resembles the nursery, and I love all that it has to offer.
We've been doing pretty good, going at least 4 times a week for the last 3 weeks. No changes yet on the scale or in the fitting of my clothing, but hopefully they will come. We want this to become a lifestyle change, even though it's gonna be hard to keep this up. Eric and I are going to start training for 5k's to help motivate us. So we'll keep ya posted on that.
Random post, I know, especially because it is my third for the night and it is quite late, but I feel like it will help to motivate me, if people know.
4 comments:
Your first line made me laugh! You just got right to the point, although I don't agree that you are fat. I wish I was there so I could work out with you, I really need to work out.
ps... YOU'RE NOT FAT!!!
I have recently been more focused on losing weight and being more healthy. Good for you for going to the gym. I have to also say though, you guys are not FAT. I little exercise is good for everyone though, so keep it up.
I love your decorating posts, the house is looking nice. I really like the curtains.
Sarah
Glad to see you will be joining me on my next half marathon. Or maybe not. Working out feels great but is SO hard to get motivated for. Good for you two.
Post a Comment