Eric's mom's family is of Scandinavian descent, and so they have the tradition of having abelskivers, essentially round pancakes, every year for breakfast on Christmas morning. You dip them in powdered or granulated sugar, jam or whatever. Anyway, at that time, we thought we would be in WA for Christmas and so we did them for dinner the Sunday before we were supposed to leave. They were and are so yummy. I think we're going to have to make them more often than once a year from now on.
I found this note that Lillie wrote for my parents.
It says: I love you. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I love Grandma and Grandpa. I love it when I find things like this because even though her spelling may be way off, she's sounding things out. She's taking on difficult words. It makes me so proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment