1/4/13

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Christmas Eve was a busy day. Eric and I made abelskivers for his aunt Kris this morning, before Eric went out with his dad and Lillie to run errands and to take a car to the airport for Tyler and Jen who would get in late that night. The roads were terrible because of the snow and so they were gone most of the day. Eric's aunt Kris, his Mom, and I spent the entire day in the kitchen preparing the most delicious dinner. I only did little things to assist, but man, that was a big job for them. It did pay off, the prime rib, turkey and everything else was so delicious. Kris' family came over and we ate and then reenacted Luke 2 and opened presents. Henry got a little batman car and Lillie got Sophia Snow, a little FurReals kitten. Too cute. It was getting late when everyone left, so we tried to put the kids to bed, multiple times. Lillie was so antsy for Santa to come that she couldn't sleep. Finally around 10:30 they fell asleep! Christmas morning came around 8:00 when we woke them up because they had stayed up so late the night before. I see now that we took mostly videos of them opening presents and such, so this is all I have of photos. Lillie got a guitar, pajamas, and a pillow pet dream light from Santa. Henry got a remote control Bigfoot, a Buzz Lightyear gun and pajamas from Santa. And don't forget the trampoline that was waiting for them at home!! Grandma and Grandpa gave them adorable backpacks that Grandma made, a dachshund that Grandma made for Henry and coloring packet for Lillie. Eric and I didn't get gifts for each other, but did get nice sweatshirts, a clutch, and a two-sided tooth brush that Eric loves, from his parents. It was a really nice morning. I love that we took it easy this year, concentrating more on giving than on stuff for ourselves and our family. I didn't have the guilt of having spend so much money on frivolous stuff for ourselves like I have in years past. It felt good. Then we had abelskivers once again, seriously, we can't get enough of them. Too delicious! I spent the rest of the day in the movie theater watching Les Miserables with all the family, minus Eric and Grandpa who stayed behind to play with kids. I felt guilty the whole time about them not being able to be there, the movie was awesome. And that was it! We spent time that night and the next morning packing for the cabin.

No comments: