I never thought I would say this, but I hate automatic flushing toilets after today. I have never been a fan of public bathrooms, I avoid them as much as possible. But now that I have a potty trained kid, trips to public toilets are pretty much a guarantee every time we go out.
Let me give you a little background first. I don't think that I am unique in my hatred of bathroom germs, but I don't touch door handles, I lock the stall with my elbow, flush with my foot, use toilet seat covers or hover if necessary, and turn the water off with paper towel. You know, the normal precautions people take. Now... back to this lovely story.
Lillie needed to use the potty. I took her in and squatted down in front of her to hold her up on the toilet while she does her business. As soon as I start to move her off, the toilet flushes prematurely, sending a spray of toilet water directly at my face. A drop even landed on my lip! Aaaaahhhhh!!! Panic ensued while I frantically wipe my sleeve all over my face to remove the offending droplets, and let out a small scream of disgust. After washing my hands, I splashed water all over my face to try and make me feel better. It didn't work, I still shudder as I think back on that terrifying experience. I think I need to check to see if all my immunizations are up to date.
Moral of the Story: I can think of something worse than a child with peed pants in a public place.
3 comments:
I'm soooo sorry, that is horrible! Do you know I read somewhere that the toilets spray up to 10 feet in the air, so you should never keep your toothbrush anywhere close to the toilet. Also, I hear the end toilets are cleaner than the middle, because most people go toward the middle! Just to let you know! I'm sorry for your germy experience!
Ohhhhhhh. That's nasty. I'd have the same reaction as you. So stinking gross. I think i'd probably even put hand sanitizer on my lips. hhaahaa. gross.
I could picture this perfectly. I'm so sorry that is quite nasty.
Post a Comment