7/5/08

4th of July Weekend

Eric had midterms this week, so after Wednesday, he was done with school. Back home, my family was attending an extended family reunion on the 4th and I was really sad to miss it. We were a little bummed about not having any super exciting plans, but it actually was a great weekend. We spent our time at the beach, shopping, bbqing, and just rocking out with Rockband.

On Thursday we went to the ocean, it was a little overcast and cold at first, that's why Lillie is wearing my shirt in the pictures, but the sun came out strong in the end and Eric and I both managed minor sunburns. This video is of Lillie's first time being in the ocean, she had already been to the beach a couple times, but I felt that she was too young to feel the cold water. Sorry about the annoying high pitched voice narrating the event...



Here are a couple more pics from the day:


On Friday, Independence Day, we went to our ward's pancake breakfast in the morning, went shopping in the middle of the day (a very successful trip) and went to the firework show at night. The fireworks were great, we went with the Porters and the Bates down to the school's soccer field two blocks from our house and had a good view. The show wasn't hardly advertised at all, so it wasn't crowded, and we had lots of room for the kids and husbands to play with the football before the show. Lillie did so well too, she was interested in the fireworks but then would get a little scared and hide her face in our shoulders, over and over. No crying, even though it was about two hrs after her bedtime.

Pictures taken while waiting for the fireworks:

Today was spent doing some things around the house that had been put off, beating Eric at Wii bowling and watching movies. I will no longer be bummed about times when we have nothing planned to do because it's all about what you make it to be. We had a great weekend, hope you did too.

3 comments:

Charee said...

Gosh...I wish I lived near the beach or near some really good shopping or near something...I'm jealous. Cute family pic!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you had fun. We missed you on the 4th. I kept thinking about last year and sitting at Riverfront Park with you guys and eating peanuts. I made Jay take me to the store to buy some peanuts to eat while we watched the fireworks here.

Shanell Farr said...

so fun!