Eric planned a trip to Disneyland for our ten year anniversary! We had our kids stay with some very awesome and gracious friends and spent two days at the Happiest Place on Earth. I think it should be noted that our kids were not upset that they weren't coming, but were way more excited to be spending the night at their friends' house. No joke. And they never cried for us while we were gone or said they missed us or anything. Lillie did cry... when we came to pick her up because she didn't want to leave, and Henry wouldn't even acknowledge us, he was too busy playing. That should tell you just how awesome these friends are.
Anyway, we spent our time going on our favorite rides and trying out some new ones that weren't there two years ago, sometimes breaking the expectant mothers should not ride rule. And now as I look at these photos, I'm clearly pregnant, so my bad. It was a ton of walking, more than I did the entire past two and a half months combined. Seriously, I'd been laying on the couch or in bed about 97% of every day, so it was a big adjustment for me and I am SOOO sore now, I can hardly walk. But we had a really good time, such a good time, I'm so glad we took a chance and went.


My favorite ride is Space Mountain and Eric's is California Screamin'. So we went on Space a couple times and Eric went on Screamin' by himself. Cuz that is too much roller coaster for me to handle. We checked out Cars Land, which was super cute and we can't wait to take Henry to see it.
We stopped mid-ride right in front of some triangle and diamonds and so Eric was able to rack up his score to over a million, putting him at Galactic Hero level. Even with the stop, I only made it to level 5. I swear it was because he was hogging all the high point targets.
We went for an anniversary dinner at the Blue Bayou on Thursday, the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It was a really neat experience, something I always wanted to do when we lived down there, and the food was really good, we'd heard mixed reviews, so we weren't sure, but picked items on the menu that others had said were the best and liked them. It was really expensive, however, and we would never take our kids there.
We saw the World of Colors show to finish off the day. And then did it all again and went on a bunch more rides on Friday before cutting out early to head home. I was so beat by Friday afternoon. Like I've never been so tired in my life.
We had terrible Friday traffic to deal with on the drive, it took us an extra hour and a half to get home... kill me now. But it was still worth it. Eric surprised me with roses in our hotel room and got me a gorgeous birthstone ring. I didn't get him anything. Oops, I'm a terrible wife.
1 comment:
You guys are so cute! I love your Space Mt. picture.
Post a Comment