5/6/13
A Visit to the Zoo
Last weekend we were itching to get out of the house and although I knew it would be difficult for me, I knew the kids needed a change of scenery and so we took a chance and headed to the zoo. The weather when we left home was beautiful, but changed by the time we got to Santa Barbara, it was windy and cold. Luckily, we already had the kids jackets in the car, so they stayed warm. The highlight of the trip was getting to see two baby giraffes, one of which was born 6 days earlier. We got there just at the right time because the mom and baby were interacting and you could easily see the love this momma had for her baby. So sweet. We made our rounds at all the animals, ate lunch, and then left in time to get home for a nap. Worked out perfectly. The trip was great except that Lillie was not on her best behavior, throwing a couple of embarrassing fits, which made me question why I even try to take her out to do anything fun. Ugh. The last picture is the only one taken of me and is quite appropriate, I was only feeling slightly better than okay during our visit, so I tried to sit on as many park benches as I could while the kids enjoyed the animals. It was probably a little too soon for me to be out taking such adventurous trips. Can't wait to get back to feeling more like myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you get feeling better soon. Also those are some awesome pictures of the giraffes. I have been wanting to take the kids to the zoo but I haven't gotten the energy to do it yet and I am not expecting!
Post a Comment