12/9/10

6 Month Checkup

Today was Henry's 6 mo checkup. While I was excited to see his height and weight and have his ears checked, I really don't like my kids getting shots and I don't like dealing with their general fussiness the whole rest of the day. Henry's been so whiny, poor kid. So his height was 28 1/2 inches, 95th percentile. And his weight was 18 lbs 8 oz. I know that seems like a lot for a 6 month old but we thought he weighed closer to 20 lbs, so I was surprised. This put him in the like 60th percentile down from the 90th at four months. His growth chart has taken a downward turn. And so I got a lecture from my doctor about his weight. I got in trouble for having an 18 pound, 6 month old. I know, I know, it's all about the curve. He has seemed hungry the last two days. Oh well, we'll work it out.

1 comment:

Charee said...

Reggie's going to pass him up! I've got a chunk on my hands. Wish Henry could come over and play. :( These are all cute pictures--so good of you to keep your blog up to date...mine is dying I'm afraid.