So... for three weeks in September, Lillie, Henry and I crashed at my parents pad while Eric studied for NBDE part 2. And we're elated to say that he passed!!! In order to give him the time that he needed to focus on the test, we headed up to Washington to be entertained by my family. It was hard to be away from him but we had a great time playing with grandparents, cousins and enjoying life on the farm. We even were able to visit the local fair, an indoor waterpark and a couple yummy restaurants. I had to majorly edit down the number of photos because I am sick of uploading them to blogger.
Here are some of the grandkids on the rollercoaster. I love the look on Lillie and Macey's faces!
Cowgirl Lillie
Spunky Macey, we really miss this girl!
These girls got into lots of mischief together. I specifically remember an incident with markers that left them covered in colored ink.
Henry and Reggie, arm wrestling. They're two weeks apart in age.
I cannot tell you how many times this happened. Lillie had a hay day in the mud.
Front yard view of the farm
Backyard view with a shot of the horses. Ahhh, I miss these wide open spaces.
Henry slept through a lot of the indoor water park. It was so hot and humid in there that he couldn't keep his eyes open.
Henry and cousin Reggie are gonna be great friends!
Henry and My Dad. A LOT of people said that Henry looked like my dad. We pulled out some old photos and it's true!
Grady and Lillie got along so well. Lillie was often overenthusiastic about playing with him. One time after arriving at Grandma's house and seeing Lillie, he said, "Oh no, not him!"
Getting two kids ready for bed by myself was not my favorite time of day. We really missed Dad.
My nephew Brandt had his Star Wars birthday party while we were there. My sister and I made the Jedi robes and she made their light sabers. She seriously goes all out and it turned out awesome!
Lillie went over to the dark side
Hayley, Grady and Lillie playing in the mud. I did so much laundry.
I am so grateful for my family, especially for my parents for putting us up for such a long time. Lillie LOVED being on the farm and surrounded by little cousin playmates. She was so happy to play outside for hours and hours. I felt so guilty taking her away from that. It was a wonderful break for us, I love going home.
4 comments:
Love the picture of Reggie and Henry! Miss you guys.
How fun! I wish I could have seen you guys while you were here! It's been forever! I'm pretty sure I have never even met either of your kids! They sure are cute though! Glad you had such a great trip and congrats to Eric for passing! That is exciting! :)
It sounds like you had a good trip! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Family time is always fun.
but of course you were so excited to come back and see us :)we're really not looking forward to may when we wont get to see you guys all the time!
Post a Comment