Height: 27 1/4th inches -- 98th percentile
Weight: 17 lbs 6 oz-- 90th percentile
The doctor thinks that the reason that he's waking up more often at night than he was a month earlier is because he's a hungry kid and that breastmilk soon won't be enough, hence the drop in weight, and that starting rice cereal in a month will help. So there's at least one more month of less-than-ideal sleep for me. Ugh, it's really starting to get old. I'm TIRED. I'm not ready to let him "cry it out" until he's on rice cereal and I know hunger won't be a factor and more coordinated with his hands so that he'll learn to put in his own binkie. That's when Lillie finally slept through the night, at 6 1/2 months.
I tried the "cry it out" method when he started taking 40 minute naps and it didn't work because he became a very unhappy, distant, insecure and REALLY jumpy. I want a happy, calm baby (which he has become again) ... even if it means less sleep for me.
I am so thankful for two happy and healthy kiddos!
3 comments:
I so feel you on that lack of sleep thing! Hope he starts sleeping better soon! I remember you telling me about the binkie with Lillie and and it worked like a charm for Hallie! Hopefully Henry will follow suit! :) Good luck! They are both so adorable by the way! And how fun that they are starting to play together!
Why can't you start feeding him the cereal now? It seems like most drs. say between 4-6 mos is when to start it. I would think that he is old enough to start. I started Jayden when he was around 3 mos and I started Jeric around 4ish mos (although I'm still not being very consistent with Jeric).
Well, I guess the kid has to be ready for it and all, but maybe he is ready?
Post a Comment