So I had an appointment this morning, my 36 week visit. We did an ultrasound a week early because I had been measuring large last week and now I know why. The ultrasound started out fine, baby was only measuring a week bigger than he should with his head and stomach, but when she measured the length of his femur, he measured closer to 40 weeks. So he's gonna be a tall one. The overall estimation said that he was 38 weeks large and weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. Did you catch that? He already weighs over 7 pounds! And I've supposedly got 4 more weeks!
After talking over my troubles with delivering a 7 lb 12 oz baby last time, the doctor gave me the okay to start walking 30 mins a day, 5 times a day to try and get that baby to come sooner than 4 weeks. Holy smoke. That's a lot of walking. And walking is not fun for a woman with a HUGE stomach, I've constantly got contractions, but I'm gonna give it my best. I was only dilated to a 1, but soft, so we'll see how much we can progress this week with walking.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, 30 minutes a day 5x a day? Thats a lot of walking! I remember being 9 months pregnant and 30 minutes a day once a day wore me out. Have they ever thought that maybe your due date is wrong and maybe they should just induce you now?! Good luck, and I hope we get to meet baby Henry soon!
Oh my, good luck!! I hope he comes out sooner than later! That is one big baby! Good luck! :)
9lb babies are a family tradition (you could be doomed) However if Lisa, Kacey and I could do it, I have lots of confidence that you can too! Good luck with that walking thing. It never worked for me. I think babies just come when they are good and ready. I do feel for you. Make Eric give you foot massages after those long walks!
Race ya to the end!!!
If you want, you can always bring Lily over to play and walk on our treadmill for one of your 5 workouts! I'm serious! Ryan would like to play with her. :o)
Post a Comment