Lillie celebrated her first birthday back on the 16th. It was a fun filled week, having her birthday on the 16th, then a party on the 17th and Eric's parents were here on the 18th. We threw a little party at the park with BBQing and cupcakes. It was a beautiful day with great friends and good food. The only problem was that we had one grumpy and tired little girl, who ended up crying most of the time. It was her party....
She is growing up way too fast. She is walking a lot now, she can go from sitting to standing by herself too. I don't know if I'm ready for this new challenge, but, what can you do. Another major challenge is that she has made the transition from two naps to one. It was a hairy couple of weeks, but now I'm the one who's trying to make the transition.
She is still jabbering away like always. But now she says some real words like baba, uhoh, wow, mama, dada, and thank you. I've got such a polite little girl.
She loves to climb on things, like our tv stand or onto chairs, ottomans, etc. No major accidents yet, but I'm sure they'll come. She likes going to the park and swinging on the swings, going on bike rides, taking walks, etc.
Sunday Eric's parents had a layover in LA and stayed the night with us before heading to Korea the next day.... and will be staying there for the next couple years! Anyway, it was fun to see them, but was way too short of a visit.
6 comments:
Oh, what a sad face! She is still cute when she is crying.
Haha- I now have the song "Its my party and I'll cry if I want to" stuck in my head. Happy Birthday Lillie!
Oh my goodness, 1 already! Happy Birthday Lillie! How are you holding up mom? Wanting another one soon? You guys are so cute! I love the cupcake picture, Lillie is such an adorable sweetie! We need to hang out soon!
Happy Birthday little miss Lilly. How fun to get to be at the beach!! I keep saying this, but we really need to come and visit. Maybe when it gets a little warmer. I bet you were glad that Mary and Lyle had a layover there. I know you don't see them much now, but this will be a little strange to have them so far away. At least they get to come and visit every six months!
What a party pooper! Just send her to live with us.
So it sounds like she's got some cousin Grady in her afterall...
I love the cupcake bib! Too cute. And Lillie is cute too, of course!
Post a Comment