6/9/13

Pregnancy Update

Well, I think it's time to check in with what's going on with baby #3.  It's been a LONG pregnancy thus far and I'm not even half way, but things have been changing as of late and so it's time to update it all.  The morning sickness has slowly but definitely improved and I can finally function to a pretty much near normal-for-pregnancy pace.  I don't feel like my nausea medication's improvements are worth the side effects, and so I've stopped taking it.  This is a major plus! 
I've also felt like my stomach has popped out the past week and I can't really hide that I'm pregnant anymore.  I've also started to feel the baby move more and more the past two weeks, although it isn't strong enough for Eric to feel it yet.  The baby is supposedly the size of a bell pepper and in a week and a half we'll find out the gender.  I am very impatient to find out, I want to start organizing baby clothes, making clothes and a quilt and planning out the nursery décor. 
If it's a girl, we've already got a list of possible names, but if it's a boy, we're in trouble.  There just aren't that many names that we like, even less that we agree on, and even less that "go" with our other kid's names and our last name.  It's a tricky thing, picking out a name, I already Lillie and Henry's names picked out for years and years, so this is a new experience for me.
I'm hoping for a girl but Eric thinks it's a boy.  In truth, I don't really care either way, I just really like making little dresses and accessories and would really miss out if I didn't get to do it for our pretty-sure-our-last kid.  A healthy baby would make me a happy mom.
So...that's pretty much it.  The halfway update will include a photo, probably the only pregnancy photo I will post.  Pregnancy is such a weird thing, I already look in the mirror and shocked that the person that I see doesn't look like me.  I vaguely remember that from the pregnancies before, but still it's surprising!  Can't wait to get back to looking like "me" even though it's a really long way off.

1 comment:

RileyDestry said...

I can totally relate to what you're saying. Pregnancy messes with you. I've already hidden the bathroom scale and try not to look in the full-body mirror too often, because I can't even believe that is me. If only there was another way to grow a baby, right?!