So I guess I never wrote on my blog, but at our last dr. appt, we found out that we're probably having a boy! The baby wasn't in the best position and honestly, the ultrasound picture was the worst one I'd ever seen (SO DISAPPOINTING), so I'll have to take the doc's word for it, because the couple of pictures that he printed out do not look like anything. And he wasn't even sure about the gender, so he said he'd try again in 5 weeks at our next appointment. I've debated getting an ultrasound done at a company that will do 2D or 3D if we wanted. It's not terribly expensive to get a 2D ultrasound done, like $70, but I just feel like that would buy a decent amount of diapers and Eric is pretty sure of what he saw. Eric thinks that I want to get another ultrasound done because I'm holding on to a glimmer of hope that it might be a girl. But really, I just wish we had better pictures in utero for a keepsake. We never saw a face profile or hands or feet. I saw a beating heart, abdomen and a femur. Not exactly the sweet family moment that I had pictured us having. The kids couldn't tell what was going on and were completely disinterested and bored. Oh and the doc thought he was making a dvd of the ultrasound but when we got it home, there was nothing on it. So we've got nothing to document it. Writing this is bringing up all those frustrating feelings again. I just want a good picture, dang it.
I've already pulled out all of Henry's little baby clothes, of which he didn't have much because I had borrowed stuff from my sister, so we need to get basics like pajamas, onesies, gowns, etc. A lot of his small clothing is short sleeves and shorts since Henry was born in June, so we're completely off on the seasons, but we'll work it out. It's fun to see all the cute little boy clothing. It's all in perfect condition since Henry flew out of anything below size 6-12 mos. before he was 3 months old. He was seriously such a chunk the first 5 months of his life. I'm assuming we'll probably have another like him. In my wisdom of now having a third child, I will be looking to buy one piece outfits that don't cover feet so that they will look more appropriate than pj's during the day but will be comfortable and could work as pajamas at night. No more baby jeans, shoes, or button ups until my kid is over 6 months... except Sunday.
It's so funny that you realize more and more with each child that you really need less and less. Lillie had so much clothing and stuff that she probably didn't wear more than once. And we had every gadget imaginable. It will not be the same this go around.
I've bought a pattern for a baby quilt and will hopefully get a chance to look for fabrics soon. I'm not going baby in the fabric choices, there will be greens, blues and greys in modern fabrics. It's gonna be awesome and will be more involved than any quilt I've made thus far, so I'm nervous/excited about that.
I still cannot believe that the number of boys will outnumber the girls in our family. I grew up surrounded by 5 sisters and one brother who was the oldest, so I'm not sure I'm going to know what to do with these boys. Boys are foreign to me. I know girl drama. I know cutesy. But I guess I'm going to find out!
1 comment:
Yay!! excited for you guys!
Post a Comment