Eric is at night clinic, which is awful for me (putting kids to bed is not my favorite thing to do, Lillie usually doesn't want to go and I'm exhausted at that point) and so I'm glad he doesn't do it very often. But it does leave me with lots of time to pass tonight before he gets back.
I put on Cinderella for Lillie to watch so that she doesn't make a lot of extra mess this evening, since it's just me to clean it up. Henry is hanging out on the floor, he's SOOO close to crawling, trying to see what's close enough to grab. The computer cord is his favorite thing to chew on. Glad he doesn't have teeth, but its probably not a good habit for him to get into just the same. He gets up on his knees all the time and rocks back and forth before lunging forward at whatever object he wants. I think that it is only going to be days before he figures it out. I am so scared.
We put up our Christmas tree yesterday. It's been cold enough for jackets lately so I guess that's enough justification to pull out the decorations. Lillie had been begging for the last few days. She was actually a big help with decorating the tree. And she plugs in the lights first thing when we come home from running errands or when we wake up. Glad someone else in this family likes Christmas trees as much as I do.
Today the dental clinic was closed and so we went to Disneyland for the last time. Our passes expire in a couple weeks and Disneyland is so busy right now that it isn't really enjoyable to go, so I think that today was it. I want to end our Disneyland experience on a high note, not frustrated with crowds. I've been dreading the idea of being done for quite a while now, but I'm at peace with it. We've had a good ride. Some day we'll visit again, it'll just be interesting to see how long it'll be.
Last Friday "the committee" met to determine where we'll be stationed for the AEGD (advanced education in general dentistry) Eric wants to do next year in the Air Force. My heart races every time I think about it. Right now I am SO ready to move on that I don't really care where they put us, I just want a change. Badly. We should find out in a week or two. Things went really well when Eric interviewed so I hope that means we'll get one of our top choices. Can't wait to find out!
1 comment:
I love your story! It reminds me of my own life.
Post a Comment