3/31/10

3-0

Lillie 3, Mom 0. Lil's peed in three pairs of panties so far in the potty training and has failed to go on the toilet. She's spent plenty time on the toilet, but to no avail. Then she begged to have a diaper on and immediately went #2. So, for now she's got a diaper back on til after naptime, when we'll try it again. I have realized that I might not have the patience to do this...

7 comments:

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

Hang in there. It will "click" eventually.

Cassidy said...

Potty training is terrible. After so much trying and so so sooooo much frustration, I finally just decided to wait for Carter to be motivated on his own. It was so easy when he finally just decided.

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

hang in there!

Charee said...

Sorry, but I'm glad you're having it rough with this potty training because believe me I have washed a lot of soiled undies the last few days too! And I've been there, done that with the binky situation too. If Grady was able to give it up, Lillie will be able to too when she's ready! Grady was seriously an addict.

Mike and Lisa said...

Hahaha...ohh this is funny, I am looking forward to reading how all this turns out! (only because its not me, I know). :)

Kerri said...

My boys go naked for about a month during potty training. Of course, we stay indoor a lot, but there is a lot less mess. It helps them with control because I think the undies confuse them into thinking they are protected.

Oh, I also set a timer. Every 10 minutes we go to the bathroom and try. Keep her drinking lots of fluids, and she'll probably need to go each time the timer goes off. Give her a sticker or candy just for trying.

Potty Training is really not a fun thing at all! I have always felt that I am the worst mother during those times! Good luck! I definitely agree with Cassidy, though. If you can't handle it, just wait until both of you are ready!

Kerri said...

Oh, sorry to post again, but Potty training is such a huge part of parenthood, I thought of something else. My kids never poop in the toilet for a few weeks. We work on the pee thing first and poop later. Tyler had it down to a science. He would pee all morning in the toilet, then I would put a diaper on for nap, and he would poop immediately. Everyday. After about a month of that, we worked on the poop part. Dylan was a bit easier, but seriously the second kid just learns everything faster!