This year we spent Thanksgiving with Eric's family in Utah. We were so excited to go because all of his siblings would be together for the first time in over five years and we hadn't been to Utah in about 4 years, so it was a big trip for us. It was a hectic and fun week, sprinkled with a dash of the common cold. We played with new (Emmett and Madelyn and Ella) and old cousins (Daniel and Isaac), ate good food (well Eric did, I had to watch Lillie while he ate and so my food was cold and there wasn't any left for seconds by the time I ate), and got awesome deals on Black Friday.\



I did a lot of nose wiping this vacation.


Lillie and Ella were so cute together. Ella is 8 mos older, but is the same size as Lil, and so they got along really well. They always wanted to be held by the same person at the same time and they shared a deep love for Grandma's beanie babies. I wish that Iowa wasn't so far away so that they could play together often.


Eric and I went to see the beautiful temple lights one night, too. Which was fun because the last time we saw them was when we had been dating less than a month. It's amazing how much has changed in 6 years, with us, not the lights.

Four generations: Eric and Lillie with his Mom and Grandpa
i really enjoyed the trip. I wish we lived closer to Eric's family, we love them and loved spending time with them. I hope it's not another 5 years before we all get together again.
7 comments:
What a fun family gathering. I'm telling you, Christmas in Vegas is still a great option. We would love to have you. I am sure it was great to spend time with the new baby. I bet Lisa appreciated not having to travel. Lilly and Ella are so cute together. We miss you guys. Take Care.
oh so cute! What a fun trip! Get used to NEVER eating hot food again...that's how mommies loose all of their baby weight. We never get hot meals anymore, and there is never enough for us to have seconds by the time we sit down to eat!
I'm glad you had a good trip. It is always nice to get together with family, especially when you don't get to see them very often. We miss you and can't wait to see you!
I am still wiping my nose, and Lyle finally got the family virus and is in bed today. Not only do men eat first, but when they get sick the whole world stops for them, so get use to it. I think its been this way since Adam.
We miss Lillie!! Oh, and her parents too!
OOOOHHHH! I just love your profile picture!
Oh man, we would have totally met up with you guys, but I'm sure you guys were so busy... thanksgiving is always that way... Did Eric's parents move to Iowa??? Lillie is so cute!.
Hey Carrie this is your old roomie Ashley! I am not sure how I came across your blog, but I am glad I did. You guys look like you are doing great. Your little one is beautiful. Keep in touch. I would love to hear from you!
Post a Comment