6/8/08

In My Red High Heels...


I would never have thought that I would have something in common with Kelly Pickler... in fact, I'm embarassed that I even know she sings this song, but...

Yesterday Shanell and I made a late night trip to the local Ross to find a lampshade, when I made a quick pass through the shoe isle. And that's when I found them. At first I tried them on just for fun, I don't really take stilettos seriously--I'm already 10 feet tall, but I fell in love. They are so gorgeous and even though they make me taller than my husband and I have nothing to wear with them, let alone the fact that they are NOT too comfy, they came home with me.

I wore them to church today and I just loved having them on my feet, I now know how Dorothy felt when she first put on those ruby slippers... FABULOUS. Ha ha. Honestly, I only felt that way for a second because I'm way too wobbly on high heels and they killed my feet.

But don't you fret, I will wear them again... just not anywhere where lots of walking is required.

9 comments:

Charee said...

So on Thursday you were videotaping baby Lillie, on Saturday you were shopping for shoes and lampshades, what were you doing on Friday when you didn't answer my call or call me back??? The shoes are cute...and although I'm not a big Kelly Pickler fan either (she's only about 50% real, you know) I do like country music. :)

holly said...

Carrie,
I LOVE those shoes and kept staring at them yesterday in choir. My cutest shoes are never the comfortable ones either. But who cares! They looked fabulous.

Shanell Farr said...

love them... and you looked great in them! remember... beauty is pain :)

Stephanie said...

They are very cute shoes and I'm sure you looked super in them.

Tammy said...

You are funny!! I love shoes as well. I don't know that I would have bought shoes with that high of a heel. I would have ended up in the hosptial with a broken ankle or something. You have a lot more courage than me.

Lyle and Mary: said...

We must be related, because I couldn't resist the pair of red heels at the store last month, when I saw the magazine picture with those red shoes and a pair of black jeans, I knew I could justify them for more than just one Sunday a month. Like we need to justify buying shoes :o)

Clayton and Hailey said...

Carrie, I noticed you red shoes on sunday and I absolutely loved them. You are so cute in them and I saw no wobbling. I love it. High heels are never comfortable, I'm convinced, they were made to be painful.

Wendy said...

Long ago, heels were eliminated from my wardrobe as to not tower over my husband and all the "little people" down below when I would wear them. But the heels sure posed nicely for the picture.

Anonymous said...

Those are GORGEOUS shoes