A while back at the base thrift store I found a yard of lavender small wale corduroy for two dollars and thought that I might could do something with it, although I wasn't sure what. Anyway, also a little while back, I bought a PDF pattern by Ashley from Lil Blue Boo, called the paper doll dress or something like that. I thought that these two combined might make a cute little jumper. So, of course, I put this on the back burner for a month. But this week Eric has been out of town, again. I've been alone two of the last three weeks. Anyway, I made this dress to pass time the last couple evenings so that I don't get too scared or lonely. It was probably too thick of a fabric to work with for this pattern, but I think it turned out really cute! Corduroy isn't really a fabric to use for Easter dresses, but I don't care. This was a lot of work and I don't have anything else for her to wear for Easter. Ha!
Oh and I named it the Gretl dress, because it reminds me of Gretl from the Sound of Music. Love that movie!
2 comments:
its stinking cute! i need to learn how to sew...
You made that dress?! Carrie...you are amazing!! You have some serious talent my friend
Post a Comment