1/30/12

A new dress for Lil

 


I LOVE to sew. I really do. In fact, I want to go do it right now, but that's beside the point.
The other day I was checking a good craft/sewing blog called Homemade by Jill, when I saw an adorable little coral pink dress and thought, hey, I could make that. My friend Krista recently gave me a nightgown pattern that could be adapted to make it, so I went and got some cute linen fabric and started adjusting and cutting. Other than some extra large sleeves that had to picked out and slimmed down, it was pretty easy to make and actually turned out how I wanted it too. (That doesn't always happen, things usually turn out better when I follow an exact pattern.) She wore it on Sunday and looked so cute! She had a cream headband and a bun in her hair and a pearl necklace to finish it off. Adorable. Seeing her then, you'd never believe that this is the same girl who has been getting into trouble at preschool as of late.

Can you tell she loves being four?!?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lyle and Mary: said...

That is the prettiest little girl I ever did see. Does she miss her grandpa as much as grandpa misses her? And SASSY..!