9/3/10

For the Love of Books

What is up with last books of series?? They're pretty much always lame. Breaking Dawn was pure agony for me to read, way back when, and Mockingjay wasn't much better. It had a slow start followed by a pretty good middle leading to an abrupt, anticlimactic end. I hated that Peeta was brainwashed or whatever. I hated that Gale's story just dropped off at the end. There was all this hullabaloo about the war and killing Snow and then boom the war's over and Snow's captured. It seemed like the writer ran out of steam at the end and just quickly tied it up. Lame.
I needed to wait until someone, who's taste in books I really trusted, read it and then decided whether or not it was worth the effort to read. Cuz, c'mon. That book convinced me that I need to take a little break from reading. I had invested myself too much in the book before it even came out and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Okay, enough venting. I loved the series overall and will read them again. I'll go see the movie when it comes out. Seriously, The Hunger Games was amazing, so was Catching Fire and I think it was a high standard for Mockingjay to live up to.

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

Yeah, I have mixed feelings. I, too, feel like the ending was just way too rushed. So confusing.

Tammy said...

I really didnt like mockingjay either...I agree with you! The first one was the best!

Charee said...

WHOA, whoa, whoa...too much information! I haven't finished the second book yet!