8/10/10

Balboa Island and finally some sun!

Eric had a half day yesterday and couldn't do any work in the clinic because it was closed, so it forced him to come home and play with us. Lillie asks daily to go to the beach and so we obliged. We wanted to try somewhere new since the last 5 times that we had gone to the beach, it was cold and overcast. So, we decided to head south to Orange County.
Once we got down there, we took an auto ferry over to Balboa Island, got some homemade icecream and headed to the water. It was a perfect day. Not too hot, not too cold. The ocean is finally warming up, so you can almost stand to put your feet in. The island is so cute too, tons of cool shops, I think we're gonna have to spend more time there.
Lillie was in heaven playing in the sand, but is still afraid of big waves and would send Eric down to fill up her bucket with water for her to play in. Henry did well, he had to be behind the umbrella because any sort of breeze makes it hard for him to breath. He slept most of the time, I'm sure its because the sound of the waves was so calming.
It was a fun time for all and I think we're done with LA county beaches. It was worth the extra drive time.



Posted by Picasa

Lillie's hair gets super wild when we go to the beach because of the ocean spray and wind. Not so cute, but seriously, what can I do?

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds fun! I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the beach.

Branjuli said...

Hey! I started blog-stalking and found ya! I have been blog-stalking much more these days because it is so stinkin hot outside and what to do you do with a baby? I read a few of your older posts and feel ya on being trapped inside all day... let me know if you ever want to sit in pj's together!

Rolene and David said...

So cute! Next time call us! :)

Shanell Farr said...

cute pictures of lillie! looks fun! we've wanted to go down there... we'll have to come sometime!

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

JEALOUS, looks like a vacation. I love that last pic of Lillies hands.