So Eric and I were called to be the new nursery leaders in our ward. I'm really trying to be excited about this... so far I've at least accepted it. I kept hoping there'd be a last minute change, but nope, it's us. Last Sunday was our first week. It was blazing hot outside and in our classrooms. I was so sweaty after chasing little ones around and dishing out snacks and drinks like nobody's business. We've got some difficult children, a few heavy cryers and a couple of AGGRESSIVE kids. So it should be interesting. I hope I will eventually come to enjoy it.
If you have any advice or tips, I'm all ears.
6 comments:
OOOOH fun!!!! I am the nursery leader in our ward and DON"T have an assistant. I am a little annoyed about that if you can't tell. Good luck with this adventure. I am sure you guys will be great. I have started doing puzzle time at the beginning when the kids are coming in. I have them all set out on the table so that the have something to do right when they walk in the door. Other than that.....lots of snacks and fun singing time!!
you guys did great! don't stress about it!
Ha ha :)
Wow. I don't have any advice sorry! Good luck!
Ha ha!! Good luck!
See if you can get the primary song leader to come down for like 10 minutes of songs...they should at least do that for you. It's a nice switch up for the kids each week. If not, print pictures that represent songs and let kids pick--Grady picks the spider (Itsy Bitsy Spider) and bus (Wheels on the Bus) every single week, but he will actually sit down and be pretty good during singing time b/c he knows the song leader is going to pick someone being good. We have a bubble machine and playdough with all of the little cookie cutters and things(purchase with ward $$) that takes our criers minds off their mommies pretty well. We have mats (carpet pieces) that the kids sit on during the lesson and singing time. You guys will be great and just keep in mind that it could be worse--you could be in the nursery, on the activities committee, scout advancement chairperson, AND stake dance DJ! :)
Post a Comment