5/12/09

Santa Anita Raceway

The first day of our spring break was spent with our friends, Troy and Mikelle, at Santa Anita Park to enjoy the beautiful horses and to place a couple 2 dollar bets.  Lillie loved the horses and so did we.  Eric and I were both terrible at choosing the winners, so at least we know we won't be come addicted, but I definitely want to go back!

Our friends, Troy and Mikelle, knew a lot about the jockeys from a reality show called "Jockeys", that's about horse racing and riders at Santa Anita raceways or something like that.  I'm gonna need to watch a few episodes before we go again.
Can't have a post about horse racing without at least a couple horse pics.



The next three photos show what I did the most: follow Lillie around.



The next five action shots show the struggle between mom and 1 year old.  Sigh.  I don't know if I'll ever get another decent picture of her again.




Lillie wishes she could grow up to be a jockey...but she's pretty much already too tall for that job.
I don't know how Eric missed out on being in any of the pictures.  He won't be so lucky next time.



3 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like fun!

Stephanie said...

You just have to take the camera and put it around your neck. That is what I do. It is hard for him to avoid the pictures when you are in charge of the camera.

I love that last picture of Lillie on the horse.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.