10/28/08

Haunted Queen Mary


The past couples weeks have been really difficult with Lillie. She has learned how to pull herself up on things, but didn't know how to get down. This made napping impossible and so she was really grumpy/frustrated for two weeks straight. So I guess I was in crisis mode when I said that I would love to go to the haunted Queen Mary and get scared out of my mind. Yeah, not sure why I agreed to it now. No, actually it was really fun and nice to get out, without having to take a diaper bag with me. It was the first time (here) that we left Lillie under someone else's watch and went out of town.
The Queen Mary is a ship that is permanently docked in Long Beach and every year for Halloween they put together these mazes with scary things and scary people to jump out at you. We met up with people from Eric's class and Troy and Mikelle, it was nice being in a bigger group. And I have to admit it was fun watching this Pig Man chase Mikelle around, he would not stop bugging her. Freaky.
I want to go back and tour the ship, after the Halloween season. I was too distracted by gory scenes and freaky people to really enjoy the Queen Mary.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Lilly is such a cutie. We would love to see her terrorizing you with all of her new skills. J/K. It will get easier soon. Peyton is still a handful, but some things are easier now that he is getting a little more independent. What are your guy's plans for the holidays?? Will you be coming though our area. Remember, the invite is still here to have Thanksgiving or Christmas here!!

Mel said...

I think we saw that ship on an episode of Ghost Hunters one time. That would be cool to visit it!

Stephanie said...

Sounds fun to me!

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

Sounds scary... I always think that I love those things but then practically pee my pants the whole time. I scrolled down and saw your ADORABLE halloween outfits!!! So stinkin cute! I can't believe you made them. Super impressive!

CAMI said...

We saw that ship on a show called the top 20 haunted places to go to! That would be so fun!

Lindsay said...

So fun to see you at the wedding! Hope you don't get slammed with too many toll fees!

Autumn said...

Wow, that sounds fun!