Don't believe me? Right now I'm even procrastinating bedtime. Okay, that's not the only thing. One year ago I finished my bachelor's degree in nursing. But I'm not licensed, I haven't taken the NCLEX. And, of course, I keep saying almost every day that today is the day that I will start studying for it but something else always comes up.
I wait until we only have miracle whip in the fridge before I go shopping. I went 9 mos without a haircut. I am still putting up pictures in the apt that I moved into back in August. Lillie doesn't have her four month appointment made yet and the 16th is right around the corner. I have put off calling my insurance company about questions I've had since January. I still have suitcases sitting on my floor from a week ago. I wait until we have to pull dirty clothes out of the laundry to wear, before I'll do laundry. The pickup has been washed like twice since we've owned it (yikes, that's embarrassing). But I feel like I need to tell people so that maybe I can embarrass myself into doing some of these things in a more timely manner.
I just asked Eric what I procrastinate and his reply was "Just about anything that needs doin," in a very matter-of-fact voice.
Anyone has any advice on how to kick myself in the rear and get things done???
6 comments:
An appropriate response that I often give my students and clients in anything they are fighting to change is to baby step towards change. Make a plan for one thing, follow through, and then your success will motivate you to further planning and more baby steps. You are great!
I don't have any advice, but when you figure out how would you let me know. I suffer from the same disease. :o) It is funny that you connect Justin with Nick Cage. I hadn't ever noticed the similarities before. I think they have the same face shape widow's peak, and larger nose. Just the eyes and mouth are a different shape. :o)
No advice, but I still love you! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
OK, I don't want to discourage you on your hopes for self-improvement, but your mothers day present is still sitting here waiting to be mailed, so I guess I shouldn't be the one to comment on how to cure that procrastination problem.
Hey Carrie don't listen to benderdonk, that kid is still mad cuz I used to steal his car everyday. I procrastinate at procrastination and check me out I am kick A.
Tell Benderdonk I said hello
Hey Carrie, no good advice here either, the only way I start doing stuff is when I see my husband doing the things I should've done already, then I just feel really stupid and kick myself in gear. I just ahve to look at it see what I want more. I think it's actually a plague that affects us all. Yeah, I have it too. especially with mending. The pile just keeps growing. And talk about the ironing. We've only used the board twice since we've moved here. So I ended up spending like a billion hours on a billion shirts the other day. Ha! I'd like to know if anyone has the answer.
Post a Comment