3/10/08

Pulling Off a Talent Show

Eric and I are on the activities committee for our ward. We thought that this calling would be a piece of cake, that all we had to do is set up and clean up a couple times a year. In this ward, however, there are activities every month and we were assigned to put on the talent show as our first activity. This was a ton of work. Eric spent many evenings making endless phone calls trying to coordinate sound, lights, dessert and of course, the acts. I spent my evenings trying to keep our colicky baby from crying too loudly so that Eric could make the calls, so it was very stressful for both of us.
The next stressful part of the activity is that I somehow got volunteered (I know it was Eric who gave me up) to clog with a little group. Honestly, I would have said no if I hadn't been the one putting on the production. It actually was a lot of fun preparing our routine. I didn't do the best job remembering steps during the actual performance, but I loved the challenge of learning new steps. It was a blast.
Actually, I think the whole night was a huge success. The gym was packed and the acts were all really good (seriously, I was impressed). So, a huge thank you to all those who participated, whether it was help cleaning up, performing, being the emcee, etc.
You know, there was someone who told us that he didn't want to be part of our activity because he thought it was going to be crappy. I really hope he was there and that he felt bad for what he said, because seriously, how rude is that.
I don't have any pictures or video of my performance... and I'm not really sad about that.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So, I just found your page, and I must say, you should be sad that you don't have video or pictures! We looked great together! Anyways, you'll have to look at my blog...I put the video up!! :) I am very impressed with you and your skills at 6 weeks post baby! You're awesome!

Mike and Lisa said...

Wow- I'm impressed Carrie. I don't even know where my clogging shoes are anymore. Too bad you didn't have a video!