6/8/14
Cha-cha-CHANGE
On May 30th, Eric found out that his application for early separation from the AF had been approved!!! This is wonderful news! Eric had started his application back in December and we had gotten to the point where we were planning on being here the extra year to finish out our commitment since we had not heard back. Which was fine with us, really. But then now, our whole world has been turned upside down. The not-quite-as-wonderful part of our news? We had three weeks notice. Which is great and yet not, because we have had to quickly notify our landlords, line up a moving truck and gather boxes. Oh yeah, and Eric does not have a job lined up yet. So, ready or not, we are outta here around the 21st. My house seriously looks like it's been hit by a tornado, it is near impossible to walk through the garage because of boxes, filled and unfilled. We are planning on driving up to WA to live with my parents until we can figure out where in the NW we want to live. This is all very stressful. I am getting little sleep because I just think and stress about it all. I have to keep telling myself that this was what we wanted! It's just moving the stress up a year. It would have been stressful either way. We feel so very blessed to be given this opportunity to move on with Eric's career, just change is uncomfortable and a bit scary. I feel bad that we didn't get to do all the things in CA that we wanted (living here 6 years apparently wasn't enough). We thought we still had one year to see Yosemite, the Sequoias and San Francisco. Oops. Eric promises we'll get back here to visit some day. So if the blog is neglected for a while, whelp, you know what I'm up to. I'll get caught up sometime. maybe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats, how exciting! Tri-Cities is a pretty sweet place! Just sayin... :) Good luck with everything!
That's exciting! Good luck with the move. I HATE moving with a passion, so I understand the stress. So fun to start another chapter of your family adventure! :)
Post a Comment