1/29/14

Birthday Girl



Back on the 16th, this sassy girl turned six years old.  SIX!!!  I cannot believe it.  Seems like yesterday that I held her in my arms for the first time.  Lillie will always hold a special place in my heart for being my little guinea pig.  I didn't know what I was doing in this new role as a Mom and I am so grateful for the chance that I've had to go on this crazy journey called the past six years with her.  I did not know how deeply someone could love another until she was born.  I still often feel that I don't know what I'm doing as a parent, but I can only hope that all the love that I have for her, shines through my missteps.  There are also many things about her that are surprising to me, such admirable things, like being so brave, so strong and so independent.  She is super friendly and so emotional.  Okay, maybe that last thing is a little like me. Sometimes I see parts of myself in her, and it scares me.  Not that it's a bad thing, but just that it reminds me that every little thing that I do makes an impression on her.  We've had some struggles as of late as she tries to stretch her wings of independence and I realize that this is just the beginning.  Still, I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming.

No comments: