12/1/13

Grandma Comes to Visit

My mom, her mom and my youngest sister drove down from WA on the 2nd. They stopped in Visalia for the night and left my grandmother there to visit her sister for the week before finishing the drive on the 3rd. We were all so glad to see her, just the 24 hours spent at home without her were very overwhelming. The week was rather boring, I just fed the baby and slept whenever possible. My mom and sister did a great job keeping the other two kids entertained and cooked and cleaned for us. The one time that we did get out was the last day of their visit, we went to the Pismo butterfly grove, the beach and Avila Valley Barn. The weather was not so great that day, so we were kind of cold and it put a damper on our activities, but we tried to have fun. And that was it. It was probably the fastest week of my life, I feel bad that I wasn't feeling up to doing more, but I guess a new baby does that to you. It was hard to say goodbye, it kills me to live so far away from my mom, she's kind of wonderful. A great mother, friend, and grandma. And I was really glad that my sister came, she helped out a lot, although I am sure it was a boring visit for a 15 year old.
Group picture at the butterfly grove. The butterflies were all clumped together since it was cold, so it wasn't very impressive. Man, my hair was out of control!


 
 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad they got to come. I can't believe how old your sister is. She was so small when we were in Othello for that hockey game.