11/12/13

Halloween 2013

This year's festivities went a little differently than usual.  We enjoyed ourselves at the ward trunk or treat party on the 30th, the last night as a family of 4.  We ate cornbread and chili, kids played carnival games and we ended the night trick or treating in the parking lot.  The kids had a fun time running around wild at the church with their friends and Lillie even won her heat of doughnut on a string eating contest.  They got a lot of candy and also scored toothbrushes, thank goodness.  It was a good night, I was glad to be able to be there so that I could enjoy some trick or treating with them.

The 31st was a wild one for all of us.  I spent the day in the hospital, having a baby, Eric was at the hospital all day until around 7, then he took Henry to the Thomas' house to go to sleep while Lillie went out trick or treating with their family.  Lillie had her kindergarten parade around the school in the morning, which I am still really sad that I missed, then they both went trick or treating with the Thomas' to the school and medical group where I heard they had a blast.  So needless to say, they definitely got plenty candy, I mean, probably 4 lbs each and the kids didn't have to miss out on any of the celebration.  I owe Brittany big time for taking my kids on such a busy holiday and for having them the day after when sugar overload and lack of sleep always bring out their grumpy sides.

No comments: