10/27/13

Three little pumpkins


Operation baby prep is well underway at our house.  We spent the weekend doing yard work, washing the sofa and dining chairs, dusting every surface imaginable, wiping down walls and doors, and washing windows inside and out all because we know these things won't happen for a while after baby comes.  And while none of these tasks put me into labor, there's a chance that I'll be induced at the end of this week, so we could be counting down the days in single digits.  We've still got a couple minor things to accomplish before baby arrives, like installing baby's car seat, packing a hospital bag, etc. but we are close, really close.  My days of all of my kids being able to feed themselves, dress themselves and being toilet trained are numbered.  I know I'll miss that, but I am ready to hold single occupancy of my body.  I am ready to sleep on my back or even sleep lying flat without heartburn flaring up, although I know I won't be getting enough of it (sleep).  I am ready to bend over to pick something up without groaning and squatting and reaching for something to help me back up.  I am ready to see the scale go down, that's for sure.  So although there are a lot of difficult things that accompany life with a newborn, I am now to the point that I'm willing to take it on.  Let's do this.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Absolutely darling photo! Good luck with your upcoming delivery. :)

Stephanie said...

Cute picture! Can't wait!

Charee said...

Love this picture!!!

Charee said...

Love this picture!!!