It really seems like it can't possibly have been six weeks, but at the same time, our kids are so different since the last Eric's seen them. Lillie is a completely different kid here. She's so happy when she is outside playing all day, every day, by herself or with cousins. She gets so dirty but has been so much easier to deal with since coming here, I usually don't see her much. I know it will be really hard for her to leave, life on a farm is pretty amazing for a little kid. She has become especially attached to my mom, hands down prefers her to me. But hopefully being able to spend time with her Dad, will compensate somewhat.
Henry is also completely changed. He LOVES being outside as much as Lillie. He loves throwing rocks, swimming in the kiddie pool and jumping on the trampoline. He is walking now and is doing a great job. He also likes to talk in his own language. If you weren't listening closely, you might think that he was speaking English. Very chatty baby, just like Lillie was. He has also become very attached to both my mom and dad. It will be hard for him too but I hope wrestling with Daddy will lessen the blow.
I am so grateful to my parents for letting us invade their lives these past 7-8 weeks. There is no way that I could have done this by myself. I am so indebted to them, seriously, they are saints for doing this. And to all the rest of my family for babysitting or playing with my kids or entertaining me. I have had so much help, THANK YOU. I've loved being here this summer. We've had a lot of fun.
Anyway, there are five days till we see Eric. We get to spend Saturday afternoon together as a family and then we will fly out early Sunday morning to our new home.
Eric has changed too, he's gotten a new wardrobe and a new haircut. Can't wait to see this guy.

3 comments:
That's so exciting! I think military wives are extraordinary.
I have never seen Eric quite so serious looking...I guess the air force won at boot camp.
Glad you and the kids have been having a great time. I love Lillie's new haircut and wish I could see Henry walk...you might have to send us a video (hint).
See you in Buloxi!!
OXOXO
Eric looks totally different! Six weeks is a long time to be alone with kids. That is so nice of your parents to help you.
Post a Comment