There's going to be some whining in this post, but this is what's constantly on my mind right now. If you're gonna think bad of me, don't read it.
So I don't know if I've shared where we'll be moving once we're done with dental school, but I don't think I have. Anyway, we're moving to the South. I'm not getting much more specific than that because I am still fully aware that this is a public blog. I think it's safe to say that it's going to be a whole new world for us and we're kind of excited, kind of scared, but all in all we know it'll be interesting if nothing else.
However, since we've known where we were headed, we've been really trunky, at least me. Every single day I say I can't wait to get out of here. I am sick of this old, too small of an apartment. I am dying for a backyard and some privacy. I know there will be a lot of things that we'll miss, people, places, etc. in SoCal, but man, I am ready to move on. Nothing like being students for all of the almost 8 years of marriage.
Lillie's mattress has been on the floor of our bedroom pretty much since Henry's been born so that he can get as much uninterrupted sleep as possible...and the same for us too. But there's nothing fun about banging your shins on the corner of the bed as you try and sneak in the dark every night. Or when Lillie starts talking in her sleep and wakes you up. I guess I should be really grateful that she doesn't sleep in our bed, but it's still not the same. I feel like I'm a kid again, wanting my own room. Henry wakes up about 2 times a night where he half-wakes-up and whines for a minute or two before going back to sleep but I know it would wake Lil up. So this is our current sitch. I keep begging Eric to let us put Lillie in with Henry but I know that it will end the same way it did the last two times we've tried. Ugh.
Another MAJOR problem occurs every time Henry takes a nap. Good thing, right? Well, it keeps Lillie out of their room to play and so toys end up all over the rest of the apartment and she ends up watching more tv than I want her to, so that I can try to catch up with all over her messes. She doesn't nap, so I spend too much time cooped up within inches of her. Sounds like I'm a mean mom for not wanting to be around her, but you try it for a day. She is constantly whining for me to find something for her to do, begging to watch a show or to get her something to eat, etc.
The solution to this problem is space. We need another bedroom. We need a backyard. We've still got about 5 months before we're settled into our new home (we haven't gotten any place yet), but only 2 1/2 months til graduation and it's couldn't happen a moment too soon. Get me outta here!!!!
I love my kids, both of them. I think they are the perfect distance apart in age, especially when I see them playing together, it makes everything, yes even the sleeping sitch, worth it. Lillie told me yesterday that Henry was her best friend. Totally melts my heart. All of these probs could be solved with a little more space.
3 comments:
Amen to this post. I'm with you ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. We are in the same position, only we're moving OUT of the south. hahahaa. When we were looking at where we want to go after school, our big thing was where we could go that we could afford a home with a YARD. So we are so there with you and understand.
Hang in there!
congrats on the move!
Been there done that...Isaac and Daniel finally got their mattreses off the floor a month ago. Sam took two years to build bunk beds, but I must say they are nice, and a lot cheaper than buying one. Rebecca doesn't have a dresser so I put all her clothes in a hamper, and we have a job!!! But we do have space! Ten acres of space!!
Post a Comment