1/5/11
Present for a Princess
I just wanted to post this picture for my mom of the Rapunzel dress I made yesterday for Lillie's birthday that's coming up in a week and a half. We saw Tangled while in Utah and we loved it! Especially Lillie. So I got her a doll and made this dress to give her on her big day. She saw the top half of the dress while I was making it, but I finished the rest of it after she was asleep. So I think she'll still be surprised. I think I'll still add some trim around the sleeves and I'm toying with the idea of making a giant braid out of yellow yarn to finish off the look (the braid probably won't happen by her birthday as I need to focus my attention on Eric's party) someday. I roughly followed instructions from the "Make It and Love It" blog. And then added the overlay to make it more Rapunzel-esk. I'll hem it once she's tried it on. But I'm so happy with the way it turned out, she's gonna love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You are amazing Carrie!! It is so great. My girls were looking at it and asked my to make one...I don't think that it will happen.
Suuuuper impressive! I'm still too chicken to make clothes, so I'll stick to quilts for now and admire everyone else's work! It looks awesome, she'll love it!
OH MY GOSH!!! Seriously!!! You just threw that together?!?!?! Super cute!
OH MY GOSH!!! Seriously!!! You just threw that together?!?!?! Super cute!
Why don't you just start an etsy page already and make some money on these little things you just threw together.
That is sooo cute Carrie! You are so talented!
Oh my goodness!? A day?! I'm way impressed.
WOW! So Talented! She's going to love it!!
Post a Comment