9/24/09

Thou Shalt Not Steal

So one major drawback of living in such a large city is dealing with crime. We live in a nice town but in the last two years of living here, there have been bikes stolen, cars broken into, cars stolen, and finally today, an apartment broken into (the next door down)... and that's just the stuff that's happened to our tiny apartment building. It happened in the middle of the day, all the surrounding apartments on the floor have someone who is home during the day, except for that one! The other worst part is that the door was locked but the robbers just popped the lock (our doors must be easy to get into) and carried out a TV and computer without being seen. Popped the lock?!? I'm sure our apartment is just as easy to "pop the locks" on. I don't think I'll be sleeping all that easy tonight.

5 comments:

Mikelle said...

What?! You've got to be kidding me. It has to be someone who knows that building really well, don't you think? That's scary I wouldn't be sleeping either.

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

Scary stuff. Sorry that you have to deal with that. Good luck getting sleep.

Charee said...

What up?!?! I mean besides the crime spree stuff. Sheesh. Eric needs to find a slick deal on a house alarm for your apt!

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

I was just going to say, pretty sure you can purchase extra locks to put on your doors. My upstair neighbor was paranoid and has a couple extras. You better check into it so I can sleep at night, locks aren't made to be popped so they must be old.

Gina said...

I can't believe what I just read! Who's apt. was it? That creeps me out so bad. Not only did they have to get into their apartment, but also into the bldg., and out, without no one noticing! Luckily it was an apt. no one was home in. Can you imagine if all a sudden you look up and someone is in your apt.!