3/14/09

Week of Milagros

So we've had a great week, which was much needed because the week before, Eric's midterms, was the worst ever.  On Wednesday, Lillie and I made our first trip to Disneyland alone.  We've been countless times, but it's always been with Eric.  We hadn't visited the "happiest place on earth" in a while and needed the pick me up, so off we went.  It was a lot of fun, Lillie gets so excited about all the goings on.  There weren't any meltdowns (I'm still scared from that incident a year ago) and it made for a quickly passing day.

Later that day when Lillie was napping, I was blog hopping and happened upon a blog that explained how to make these darling little chiffon skirts.  Being the idiot that I am, I ordered the fabric that I would need to make one for Lil.  So I have spent many hours this week shirring chiffon and satin charmeuse.  Honestly it turned out surprisingly well for my lack of sewing skills.  It's going to be Lillie's Easter skirt.

If you have kept up on my blog entries you would know that last week was horrible, with Eric being gone long hours preparing for his tests.  Then, after taking his test, he came home feeling terrible about how it turned out, saying he ran out of time and that it was the worst thing that he had ever turned in.  It was hard for me to hear because I knew how many hours he had worked preparing for it.  Well, he got the results back from his test this week, and while the part he thought he did bad on, he really did bad on (so did pretty much everyone else in the class), the other section of the test he passed.  So with both grades averaged, he did pretty well.

And then the last miracle was last night.  Eric and I went down to the Staples center to watch USC play UCLA in the semifinal game of the PAC-10 tournament.  We were definitely the underdogs and there were a lot more Bruin fans there than Trojan fans, but we won!  It was such a close, intense game.  Tons of fun!  Loved it!  I don't care if they don't go any further, there's something extra special about beating your rival school.  Go Trojans!

I am so grateful for the awesome week we've had.  Oh and today we are getting a new stove, YAY!!!

3 comments:

Lyle and Mary: said...

Yea for Eric getting past (and passing) his midterms, and yea for Carrie and Lillie getting Eric back!! Oh, and Yea for USC beating UCLA!

Stephanie said...

How exciting for your new stove! You will have to bake something yummy and tell us how it turned out!

It was fun talking to you Sunday, let's do it again!

Wendy said...

What?!! You could never replace that stove.