So.... a couple weeks there was a girl's night out in our ward and we got together to play video games, Rock Band, DDR and the Wii. I had only played Rock Band once before but after playing it again, I realized that it was really kind of fun. Eric had been trying to convince me since the first time we played it in LV that we needed to get it. So that night after I got home, in my moment of weakness, I conceded and we purchased it on Ebay. My life has been ever changed since the day that the box landed on our doorstep.
I love the guitar! I am not a good enough singer to like the mircophone and I stink on the drums, but that guitar makes me feel like I am a real rocker. It makes me think that I could actually pick up a real one and bust out some awesome tunes. That's not really the case, but the fact that it makes me feel that way is great.
I have never been good at video games, just ask Stephanie, who played many rounds of Mario Kart with me, or Desi, who knows that I am terrible at anything on the Wii. Seriously, I lack major coordination. But I am getting better at the guitar. If I'm feeling adventurous I might even try the Hard setting. I also feel like I am expanding my musicality (I might have just made that word up). I finally know some songs that the Rolling Stones, Garbage, etc sing. And I am figuring out the words to the songs too (Instead of just singing what I think they're saying).
Anyone who knows Eric, knows that he is having a hayday. He loves rock music, old and new, knows all the words, guitar solos, etc. But he is best on the drums. He even has started playing some songs on the expert level. Yeah, I can only do the Easy setting.
So we've started our own tour, our name is White Hot Winter. Ha ha. If Eric doesn't have too much homework, after Lillie's asleep, we rock. It's a ton of fun and we've had a few neighbors stop by already and I know we'll have more once the word spreads. It finally makes me feel like having a 360 is not the worst thing in the world.
6 comments:
seriously, if it were not for Rock Band and Guitar Hero, the 360 would seem like a total waste for me. Now I just have to convince Arthur that we need DDR the same way he needed Guitar Hero!
Yeah, we wanted Rock Band really REALLY bad. Our problem is that we have Game Cube, and they don't make rock band for it. What did we do? Yeah, we bought a Wii and put down a reservation for Rock Band when it comes out for Wii in June. I hear you, I feel so "cool" and like I can play anything when I've got that guitar in my hand. I'm trying to get Bo to get DDR now, that and some Karoake. ha.
No way!!!That is so awesome!! The drums were my favorite that night and I pulled all my old music out and sang for hours with an imaginary guitar so that night must have been inspiring for a lot of people. Thanks Kerri!!! Anytime you want to play I'll be there. Just call my name and I'll be there.
Ha ha ha ha ha thats all. You're so hard core, rock on!!
I can just see you too rocking out! That must be Eric's dream come true.
Red Bull Airplane Races, anyone? We are headed your way tonight:)
Post a Comment