2/7/08

Baby Blessing and Family Visit

Well, its been a couple of weeks and already Lil' Lillie has gained a couple of dozen pounds. It seems like she is growing faster than we can keep up with. The last doctor visit (at 2 weeks old) she was 9 lbs 2 oz! She has already grown out of many of her newborn clothes. She is starting to realize that she has lungs with which she can get our attention, and its becoming interesting at night sometimes, but we're surviving.
Lillie's Baby blessing was Sunday and we were lucky to have my parents, grandparents, and some aunts, uncles and cousins here to help out and celebrate with us. It was a great time and Lillie was an angel through the whole thing (she slept). She did look very cute in her dress but didn't feel up to posing for the camera afterward.



It was nice to have my parents staying with us to help us catch up on some things and to help with the little one. School was crazy busy for the first time all year which wasn't very convenient but we had a good time.

And did I mention that the Giants upset the Patriots?!?!? Way to go Eli!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hooray for new pictures! I check your blog almost daily for new updates and was glad to see some on there. I think your new little one looks more like Carrie in that first picture. She sure is cute. Wish we could have been there for the blessing.

Tammy said...

Congrats on your baby!! I don't know if you remember us, but we live here in Montana with your mom and dad. We were excited to hear about baby Lillie.

Mike and Lisa said...

hahaha...I LOVE that picture.

Shanell Farr said...

ok she is so big i can't believe it! hallie can still only wear her preemie clothes!

Clayton and Hailey said...

Oh my gosh, I love that first picture of lillie, she is so adorable. And she has changed so much already. We miss you guys. Let us know when you are up to doing stuff.

Charee said...

She is so cute with her tongue out! I need to see her!!!! Grady hasn't even had a chance to grab her nose or pull on her eyelashes (that's what he's been doing lately)!